Petco swordtails

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

felix453

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
I don't know if this is a common occurrence but when I stopped by my local Petco they had a group of albino koi swordtails. I picked up two females and I have to say that they're pretty darn nice! So I guess my question is if anyone has seen these guys around, also, just thought I'd share!:D

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Albino is the absence of coloration so I don't know how they could be albino-koi. As far as being colorful, they remind me of guppies with all the color variations that you find. Some can certainly be real eye-pleasers! Any chance you can post a couple of pics for us?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Albino (in the fish "Selling Industry") only means pink eyes. This usually means the rest of the fish is "white" also, not always.

An "Albino Koi" swordtail, only means "Mostly Albino" with pink eyes.

felix453

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Yeah sorry, I meant red eyed- swordtails. They're very nice and definitely worth the 3.85 I payed for them! I'll try and et some pictures on tonight if not then tomorrow.

felix453

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Sorry for the wait, here they are(they're were kind of hiding so this is my apology in advance.)IMG_1208.JPGIMG_1207.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG IMG_1207.JPG

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Albino is the absence of coloration so I don't know how they could be albino-koi. As far as being colorful, they remind me of guppies with all the color variations that you find. Some can certainly be real eye-pleasers! Any chance you can post a couple of pics for us?
albinism is the absence of melanin, so albinos can have red or yellow coloring like fish, snakes, and mice. but kinda like Tanker pointed out, it doesn't matter in the fish selling indystry. there are lots of pigment deficiencies, but they all tend to get labeled as "albino." Lutino oscars, labeled as albino, are a good example

and the one in the pic looks sweet.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
albinism is the absence of melanin, so albinos can have red or yellow coloring like fish, snakes, and mice. but kinda like Tanker pointed out, it doesn't matter in the fish selling indystry. there are lots of pigment deficiencies, but they all tend to get labeled as "albino." Lutino oscars, labeled as albino, are a good example

and the one in the pic looks sweet.
I agree that with fish "albino" doesn't always mean true albino. And yes, they are good looking fish. Thanks for the pics!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store