Petsmart Aquaria Reform?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hans

I will eat your fish.
Oct 24, 2003
Gieboldehausen, DE
www.brianhanley.com
we do water tests twice daily, scoup deads 2 times a day, well when ever we see one

our store is getting discus this week

yup you guesed it i work at petsmart! :emb:

gwyllgi

Registered Member
May 25, 2004
ATL, GA
www.bleedingwhispers.net
i work at petsmart too, as a groomer... we have some very knowledgable staff in my store, and i myself have been learning quite a few things about the fish. we have gravel tanks with some decor, and tanks are scrubbed every week, gravel is siphoned every week, and incompatible fish are never put in the same tank.

i'm rather proud of our store and our employees. now, the petsmart up the street from ours is JUST AWFUL and i would not EVER buy a fish from there. same goes for petco, which, on the whole, has crappy fish that are way too overcrowded and just not very pretty.

slvrcvc

AC Members
May 16, 2004
southern california
Visit site
what really really bugs me is going to get fish and having the worker chase the fish around and move a large piece of decoration while chasing them and seeing the decoration smash some fish in the process.....

this happened at a petworld here in southern cali. I was going to buy a cory from him but after the large piece of drfitwood smashed a group of the guys running away from his net cuase he shoved it over, i said "uh no thanks i changed my mind". He just seemed really rough with the fish and didnt want to risk taking home an injured one or one that was extremely stressed.

Copper

Nearsighted master of all I survey
May 11, 2004
Arlington, TX
Visit site
Well have any of you guys heard of PetLand? It's a store here in DFW, but I'm not certain if it's a chain as I have never seen another one. They keep a really nice stock of fish. Seemingly well tended tanks, and they have a large floor tank on display. They keep bio-balls in all their tanks, and I've never seen a floater. They even keep some well tended marine tanks. Just not a wide

LittlePuff

LittlePuff
May 18, 2004
Peoria,IL
Visit site
I went to a Pet Warehouse yesterday. They had about five tanks of cichlids with none of them labeled. One they even left the "community fish" label on. Another they had there were tetras in with cichlids. I was going to talk to someone about it, but couldn't find any help. :mad2

Kim

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store