Petsmart Dwarf Puffer fish...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
I suspect he isn't going on the offensive so much as there have been an inordinate amount of chain store-bashing posts lately. It's getting old, and could become a legal issue (not saying that it will). To me, that post reads as simply a warning.

At any rate, I don't often purchase fish from chain stores and would recommend buying them at a mom and pop place if you can find one. If the mom and pop joints around you don't sell them, it may be possible to special order. In many cases, I find that the standard of care for fish is higher at local businesses (though this is certainly not always the case), and as such, I try to patronize these sorts of stores.

PPMN

Who could resist this face??
Mine are from Petsmart...were very healthy when I got them and have had them for a year now. I've never had a problem with buying fish from Petsmart, other than ich occasionally which I've also seen in fish coming from the small LFS's around here. The only thing I find is that smaller LFS employee's and usually more knowledgeable.

PPMN

Who could resist this face??
By the way, they will usually be anywhere from "skinny" to "super-skinny" at pet stores. It's because they are young, and also don't get fed appropriately more often than not. So to the person who said the skinniness means they have internal parasites, well...I would say that probably isn't the true most of the time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store