Petsmart Fish Sale!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia
doesn't petsmart do Rain checks?

that would work out well for pattycakes especially
If this is true, that would be awesome!:D

So is it really true?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
The Petsmart I goto generally has pretty healthy fish but the two fish from there that never seem to last for me are neons and oto's, neon's all die with in a week, and oto's with in a couple weeks are all gone, and its not me the ones I get from my usual LFS survive.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
...neons and oto's, neon's all die with in a week, and oto's with in a couple weeks are all gone, and its not me the ones I get from my usual LFS survive.
Did you ever try to take them up on their 30 day return policy?

In my recent trips to 'smart or 'co the cashiers are always reminding those buying fish to hang on to their receipt for the 30 day return policy.

If you know your water params are fine, that's a pretty sweet deal.

Joel

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia

In my recent trips to 'smart or 'co the cashiers are always reminding those buying fish to hang on to their receipt for the 30 day return policy.

Joel
That return policy, is it stated on the receipt?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Not sure Patty. It's either there or maybe on the website?

Joel

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia
Not sure Patty. It's either there or maybe on the website?

Joel
I called up my local 'smart' and 'co' today. 'Smart' said 14 days. 'Co' said 30 days. Going to check both to view quality of stock.

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
The return policy for live animals at both is 14days. You must bring in the dead fish and a water sample. They will refund your money regardless of how the water tests, but if the water does not test well, they will chose a refund over replacement.

Emily

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Just remember that without a good quarantine period, the fish sale can really be a false economy!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY

Joel
I've returned dead fish a couple times, I usually dont bother unless they're several dollars or I have couple. Not worth the gas money for 1 or 2 $1 fish. If I ever buy a quantity of neons there again though ill throw the bodies in the freezer and return them all by the 14th day lol.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I've returned dead fish a couple times, I usually dont bother unless they're several dollars or I have couple. Not worth the gas money for 1 or 2 $1 fish. If I ever buy a quantity of neons there again though ill throw the bodies in the freezer and return them all by the 14th day lol.
Once I bought a fish for my mbuna tank... I had to return the back bone...

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store