Ph controller setup...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

heedicus

aqua-nerd in training
Dec 23, 2001
Boise, ID
www.skijor.bravepages.com
Ok so here is the deal,
I am trying to set up my calcium reactor with much trouble. But here is a question, I have a ph controller so would then in theory my bubble count not be particularaly important because the controller will turn it off and on as nessasary?
Also my ph is a little low 7.8 in the morning, best way to raise that?
I am shooting for a effluent of 6.4ish will that help adjust the ph or the tank?
thanks,
tren

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
calcium reactors are very notable for dropping the Ph in the tank.

yes bubble count isnt too important as it will be turned on and off automatically.

you want the output of the reactor to go in a place where there is alot of turbulent water movement and surface exchange. the more the merrier.

The turbulent water will "off-gas" the excess C02.

heedicus

aqua-nerd in training
Dec 23, 2001
Boise, ID
www.skijor.bravepages.com
its in the sump and there is pretty good surface agitation so that should help.
thanks,
t

BiggerWurm

AC Members
Dec 5, 2002
michigan
Visit site
heedicus,

Is your ph normal during the day. If there is to much CO2 reaching the tank then it will lower your tanks PH even more at night. I am sure you know this but a calcium reactor uses CO2 to lower the PH in the chamber so that it dissolves your media quicker. If you have a single chamber Calcium reactor then this may be your problem getting rid of the excess. If you have dual chambers its supposed to use the other chamber to further use the CO2.

My humble opinion

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store