Photos:Thai Micro Crabs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
Everybody wants crabs from Rachel. What can we say? Rachel has some quality crabs. :D

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
:iagree: I am interested in knowing this ,plus if they can be kept with rcs?
I haven't heard of them being bred yet, but its worth a shot! I know they can be kept with dwarf shrimp, they are harmless. Just gotta make sure there are no big enough fish that would nom them.

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
:iagree: I am interested in knowing this ,plus if they can be kept with rcs?
They are kept with RCS and CRS :D. Along with some clown killies and celestial peal danios and their fry.

I am unsure of their breeding behavior or if they can breed in FW and actually survive and grow. I have seen one or two sets of crabs actually embrace and hold onto each other.. ( I thought it was a dead crab that was on its back, but it was 2 into a ball). I am unsure if this was breeding or fighting but they laid motionless for a second or two until I got a chopstick and poked the suspected dead crab.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
They are supposed to fulfill their lifecycle i nfull freshwater. People have gotten females to carry larvae and larvae to be released, though I am not sure if the larvae have survived to adulthood. I plan on giving it a good go and think that a really well established tank will help with this. Time will tell, I have a few that are hitting maturity

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
My biggest crab! Just a bit smaller than an inch but seems to be the size of a grown CRS shrimp. P.S- I WANT MORE CRABS! Also I believe it is mature cause it already has crab armpit hair.

After closer look.... kinda looks like eggs but not sure :S.

Last edited:

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
does kinda look like eggs. they look sooo cool. i would love to buy some, but they are costly and would become food in my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store