Pic of your pc station

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Willard2.0

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Real Name
Dwayne
Since the thread got revived, I might as well post my 'work'station. The picture is from 10 minutes ago, note which thread I'm viewing. It's not usually this clean, I just cleared it off today so I had room to work on an LED project.
P6280256.JPG
23.5"HP widescreen doubled with an Acer 20"
Intel core Quad@2.33ghz, 8gigs ddr3 ram, 750gb 7200rpm hdd

P6280256.JPG

Geeky1

AC Members
Aug 18, 2003
California
Visit site
love the antec skeleton. i also like how your using old cases as its stand :laugh:

and holy crap! 18gigs of RAM??????? what do you do with all that? lol
Yeah, the Skeleton is ok. I wouldn't have bought it but for the fact that it was the best compromise on cooling and footprint for the space I needed to fit it in at the time. I certainly wouldn't buy another one. It looks decent, but the LEDs in the fan have no off switch and default to rotating colors when the machine is powered on, the fan itself is garbage, a lot of the front panel i/o cables are too short (and I'm using a SuperMicro X7DCA-L, which is a mATX-ish board), and it's not all that nice to work on. But if you really like the looks it's not a terrible case. :) The CoolerMaster CM-590s it's sitting on, on the other hand, are really (beeeep)ing nice for $60 cases. Load 'em up with decent 120mm fans and they'll keep just about anything you can fit in them cool and stay pretty quiet while doing it.

As for what I do with 8 cores, 18 gigs of RAM and three RAIDed SSDs? The same thing most people do with their netbooks: Screw around on the internet. :lol2:

Seriously though, it's my photo editing box and my primary desktop. 18GB is, admittedly, a little bit more than I actually need to do what I do with this thing. But I've found through experience with my laptops that sometimes 8GB isn't enough for what I do, so I just picked up 4 4GB sticks for the desktop a while back and kept two of the original 1GB sticks in it. No issues with lack of memory on this thing now, and 7 seems to make good use of most of it. :D

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
Since the thread got revived, I might as well post my 'work'station. The picture is from 10 minutes ago, note which thread I'm viewing. It's not usually this clean, I just cleared it off today so I had room to work on an LED project.
View attachment 131004
23.5"HP widescreen doubled with an Acer 20"
Intel core Quad@2.33ghz, 8gigs ddr3 ram, 750gb 7200rpm hdd
Hey look, you can see me :perv:

:grinno:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store