Pick your pick!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

What type of bottom-feeder/algae-eater do you enjoy most?

• Common Pleco

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Specialty Pleco

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • Dojo/Cooley/Weather Loach

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Clown Loach

Votes: 30 15.0%
  • Dwarf Otocinclus

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • Cory Cat

Votes: 66 33.0%
  • Other Catfish

Votes: 20 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

kevinfishboy

AC Members
Feb 7, 2004
rockford
Visit site
i love my pictus cat he is my very favorite fish that i have him for about a yr and he is about 8 inches long and he and my common pleco and they get along really awsome

Aqualung

AC Members
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
I voted a while back for otos (zebras in particular) and they're still my favorite out of the poll choices. However, my dwarf chain loaches are really winning me over lately. They are a lot of fun to watch, and they are constantly active. Of course, I love my characidium and tatias too. They are all unique and special to me. If I could only have one species out of the four, I don't know what I'd do.

Galaxie

AC Members
Feb 4, 2005
VA
My most unique is the Hillstream Loach. Its like a mini-pleco, but he is flexible and looks like a stingray when he swims....faster than lightning too. He's not a bottom feeder, but keeps the plants and walls algae free. From underneath, he is transparent. You can see his heart and lungs....pretty weird.

Pleco... gotta love a fish who can hang out with his tail sticking straight up.
Oto..... clinging to plants with the pectoral fins is a neat trick
Corys.... I have two in a 10g and think they must be siamese twins. They are never more than an inch apart.

Jerm

Hehe!! A fishy!! and a rolly guy!!
Sep 26, 2005
Rouses Point NY
CLOWN LOACHES!!! They strike fear in the hearts of snails. Those cute pudgy lil snail killers ate em all up, and i throw in snails from my other tanks as a treat. um... do snails have hearts?

fish_breeder_05

American Idiot
Aug 23, 2005
Hastings, NE
My scool of cleaners are all great! I love how the dojos can always get a snack my cleaning a little, the horsehead loach actually takes the gravel inside its mouth cycles it then spits it out the gills. The rapheal is more of a looker. If he has 2 caves. One shared with the small synodontis, one shared with the dojos. you can always see the tip of his whiskers, and the end of the tail, and are amazed at the size! The yoyos are small enough to clean the bristle on the false plants, and I've always been a fan, because my first fish was a 4" yoyo. the synodontis E. has a great dorsal. the sm. syno. has a great facial exeption.

Spunky

AC Members
I voted clown (I love all loaches) in memory of my 3 little guys (2.5"). They were killed yesterday by my evil common pleco (8"). They always tried to steal his food, and he finally got sick of it and with one *tttthrap* of the tail and off to fishy heaven they went. :(

My clowns where awesome snail killers, the three of them ate a 1.5" mystery snail (got through the trap door and all.) My 7" JD wont even bother snails at that size!

JustinPatrick

AC Members
Jan 6, 2006
"The Catfish is a Plenty Good Enough Fish For Anyone" - Mark Twain

Two talking cats (1 Spotted: Bitter Bierce, and 1 Stripped: Sam Twain)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store