Picked to death?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slicklid

AC Members
Feb 12, 2008
Here are a few pictures of the poor guy in the sick tank I just put together. I am pretty sure he is a Cobalt Blue.

cb1.jpg cb2.jpg

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
You don't need the airstone, only the airpump and tubing to connect to the sponge filter. A 10g will also serve as a quarantine tank for any new fish you get aside from being a hospital tank. Do plenty of water changes, feed him plenty of various foods and dose with Melafix to allow him to recover quickly.

slicklid

AC Members
Feb 12, 2008
Yeah I didn't get the airstone, and the tank seems to be working for what I need. Should I use medication on something like this?

slicklid

AC Members
Feb 12, 2008
Is it normal for him to not eat during this healing time? And is that okay? He seems to have no interest at all in food.

Also, should the "sick tank" have different temp than the main tank?

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
my fire mouth was badly beaten like this one, in just a few hours by the male. I put her in her own 10 gallon tank and she also did nto eat. after several days her fins grew back, and she healed up nicely. but still no eating. I took the male out and she went back into the 55 gallon tank. she is very happy now and eating great. and she was near death! so yes, she will heal if you leave her alone, make sure there is some java moss or something for the fish to hide in, and subdued lighting.

cav

wayne
Dec 11, 2006
Hull, UK.
I've just had a similar problem with my johanni, he had his full tail fin munched off! I now have him a hospital net box (cost me the quivalent of 5 dollars), he has room to swim about and is at the surface so he gets his own food withough being bothered by anyone else, I'm lucky as he is feeding well and I have treated the whole tank with melafix, the redness has gone from his tail and is looking like its on the mend

slicklid

AC Members
Feb 12, 2008
Well, I did a 30% water change earlier today. He was on his side by that time. Then I added 1tsp Melafix and about 1 hour later he was dead. The white raw portions of his body had turned brown today. I only had him for 2 weeks but I feel really bad, and I am upset I couldn't save him.

****. :wall:

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
shame - don't beat yourself up; you did a lot more than some people do when coming accross a beaten fish.

its one of those things that will happen from time to time between mbuna - occasionally their ego's do in fact write cheques their bodies can't cash.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store