Pics And Info On My Cichlids. Picture Heavy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Sorry for your losses, dude.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
jbradt thanks. Its a major loss but now at least I got a 10gal hospital/quaratine tank to use. Its in use for my baby RTM's and baby Silver Dollars.

Jbar yes its another adult L-001 I bought for my mom's 135gal aquarium. I think that pleco may become mine in the future though when those buttikoferi's she has it housed with get bigger. It's tail is short like it was picked off by another fish. Besides that its a looker.

I was looking at my P. weberi and the tail is healing a bit tweaked but healing none the less. Looking to go ahead with getting a stock tank and placing them outside. With spring around the corner for us californian's they should do fine outside.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Stuff happens could of been prevented but oh well.

I got new fish. I got a Red Tuxedo Platty had bought a Blue Texedo as well but it got caught on the filter I shook him loose but he wasn't swimming so good so I gave it to my Oscar. I got 3 new pleco's 1 is a chocolate pleco (albino P. pardalis) the next is a Reg P. pardalis the third is a unknown species of Hypostomus to me. Looks cool and there all small like 4" or smaller.

All the Ick tanks finally look clear. I haven't seen a single speck of ick on and of the fish for the past 3-4 days. So hoping it stays that way.

Im gonna take apart my Xeri garden the gophers tore it up and even though my plants are in pots it looks horrible with holes and mounds all over so Im gonna put cement and half will be like a nursery for my plants the other half I want to make into nursery for my pleco's. I want to make a pond or two above ground. All my future giants and semi giants would be going in there like all the Pterygoplichthys I own and the babby Hypostomus I just got.

I'm also gonna get some new 40b aquariums and put my pleco's in there come the winter months. Also want to get some 75's.

I noticed that Petco is having there sale again the 1 Gallon for $1 sale on there aquariums. Well I went to Petco to buy 2 and well they were sold out. So I went to another fish store a mom n pops store. Well they have 40b tanks as well and I asked how much they were with the glass top and the light. His response was 68.99. So turns out my local Mom n Pop store sells there tanks for cheaper then petco when there on Dollar day tank sales.

I've finally decided I'm gonna buy a canister filter for my 135 gallon aquarium. I was looking at the Marineland c-530 on Foster and Smith but there like $340 for the one I would need thats before taxes and shipping. Well I found one for about $220 thats after taxes and shipping and its still new in box. How there selling it for so cheap I don't know but I'm getting it. The humming noise from the aquaclears isn't bad when its only 1 or 2 running in your room but I got 6 running and well not so pleasant anymore.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Sweet all my fish are still looking good. Only fish that are in question are my endlers but there isolated in a spare 5gal. Also I was searching and searching online for a place that sold those Rubbermaid Stock Tanks for cheap and found a place that sells them for $199 for the 300 gallon so now I know where my pleco's are going in the spring time.

Only pleco that wont be going in there will be my female L-144. The rest will go outside even my adult L-001 hopefully itll benifit from being in a way bigger home.

All I need to figure out is the filteration for them and thats it. Im thinking of getting 2 of the stock tanks since I got several big pleco's which im kinda hoping will be able to get full size in there.

Current Pleco List.

Hypostomus
1 Unknown Hypostomus sp. Already full grown I believe.
1 Baby Hypostomus sp. Looks different then the adult.

Pterygoplichthys
1 Adult L-001 at 8.5" I believe. Hoping it will get bigger.
1 Baby L-001 at bout 4". Hope it gets at least 12" unlike my other one.
1 Weberi baby. True adult size isn't truly known but its at least 9" Hope 12" though
2 Sub Adult Rhino's. Both 5.5" Another pleco with 12" potential
1 Baby Chocolate Pleco (Albino Pardalis) Rarely seen here hope it has a growth spurt.
1 Pardalis baby very Very VERY common but had to get one. 12-18" Potential
1 Albino gibbiceps my future Albino bulldozer with an 18"+ potential

So 10 Maybe 9 I may leave the adult Hypostomus sp. in the 135 gallon which is where its at right now. I do still want to get another Gibbiceps since I lost my regular colored one to the Ick outbreak I had here. Also trying to track down a baby Snow King pleco. Only place they seem to have them is in the native waters of Texas and I aint taking a trip to Texas to try and catch one lol.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Sounds good i just got some new cichlids from a friend a Choc cichlid a Blue Acara a large Firemouth and a Blue eyed green Synodontis not sure what specie..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store