Pics Of My 125 Discus Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dieselman

AC Members
Jun 28, 2007
Nice tank! If you are going to stay with plastic plants add more of them... Some more bogwood would help too.

plantling

One bulwet left!
Feb 10, 2007
South Carolina
Nice job on the stand. Great tank and love the Discus. If you're still working on the canopy, you should think about adding some compact fluorescent lighting if you want real plants. Try to get about 2 watts per gallon. If you get above 2.5 wpg, you'll need to think about fertilizers and injecting CO2. I think real plants add to the looks and water quality of an aquarium.

1boatnut

AC Members
Oct 3, 2006
So what kind of live plants should I add ?
I have to admit I have only tried live plants a couple of times and usually they only last a couple of months,plus my 55 gal got infested with snails.

I love the look that live plants achieve,but I don't want to start with CO2 set-ups and light issues. The Discus seem to like it with less light:confused:
So what would you all reccomend ?

jtburf

I want to hunt these.
Jul 18, 2007
Houston TX
welll if you went with 2 AHsupply 96 watt kits you would have about 2 wpg, then you could order a warm water or discus plant package from any of the sites, for you tank size.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
welll if you went with 2 AHsupply 96 watt kits you would have about 2 wpg, then you could order a warm water or discus plant package from any of the sites, for you tank size.
good call

you wil definitely want warm waterplants.

and taller driftwood pieces.

someone here went out and got some mangrove or cypress,..awesome stuff

IMO darker substrate will help bring out the colors more too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store