pics of my tank !!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

darkmindzz

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
well here is my pictorial introduction.. i will take any suggestions fro improvement ... additional plants? .. specific type of driftwood? let me know..

also what color background should i put up against the back of my AQ that will bring out the best of my tank???

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
Painting the back black is the best background IMO.Any driftwood would look nice in your tank,find a piece you like and fits and your good to go.Putting Java ferns on it(driftwood) looks nice too.

gustavo85

AC Members
Jan 23, 2008
Puerto Rico
The sword and the crypt in the middle should not be there IMO. These plants grow more than one feet tall and you would loose an open space in front of the tank for the fish to swim. You could place a nice piece of driftwood where these two plants are. A black or dark blue background would really make a difference in your tank. Any doubts feel free to bother me.:)

13enzene

AC Members
Oct 16, 2008
I agree with the other, it is a very nice tank and that a black background would look really nice.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I agree^
Also, pinch the tops off all your stem plants and they'll eventually sprout offshoots making them more bushy. Thereafter, trim them from the bottom as needed or continue topping them off to create more eventual plant mass.

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Your tank is very pretty, but I would move the wisteria away from the filter intake. As the plant grows and spreads it might clog your filter intake, and that will present lots of problems. Some more anubias would be nice too. Nice job!

darkmindzz

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
so i have had the planted already grounded for a couple weeks now.. some of them have even started growing new sprouts of the ground.. if i move them will this kill the roots or the original plants i have..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store