Pics of my Turtles

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
they like to quickly swim back in water like super quick.
Pretty much. While basking, they purposefully place themselves facing down towards the water so that they can retract their front legs, kick off, and slide in at the first sign of trouble.

Po.Verse

AC Members
Jul 19, 2008
I get them from a secret place ;). there illegal under 4".they use to be really skiddish, but now that they know me., they'll look at me and not move. but if other people come, they go right in. its weird. and the one, he always swims to the glass to me. I can put my finger next to him, and hell put his claw on my finger.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Awww... Ok, I'm a sucker but that sounds cute!

Po.Verse

AC Members
Jul 19, 2008
haha yea. its awesome that such a small thing can relate to you.

Po.Verse

AC Members
Jul 19, 2008
lol.

No idea about the name. Maybe cause they slide in the water?

Ghostkid

AC Members
Mar 18, 2008
Indy
My next house I want to do a turtle and fish tank. Love what you did with yours.

I just remembered they sell them down in Gulf Shores, AL at the surf shops. Don't know how they do it.

Po.Verse

AC Members
Jul 19, 2008
They can sell them for "Educational Purposes only", saying that, the wifey is a Teacher ;)

Edit: Dont put real expensive fish with them, they will learn to catch them. Those fish are no longer with them. I do have a few minnows in with them though. There learning to catch them.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Nice turtles, tank and set up. So what are you plans with them when they get bigger? Got a pond in mind?

Po.Verse

AC Members
Jul 19, 2008
Well, I know in 2 years I will be moving. And the tank there in, is about big enough for ONE of them.

I plan on getting a 200 Gallon with full basking area for them, because they all depend on each other alot. Almost everyday I come down in the morning, there all sleeping in a circle lol. I could never split that up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store