Pics of your 50 - 55 gallon setups

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
very neat guys. charlies is really nice and grannies has came full circle.

I just added a airstone to my avatar tank. guy at walmart said I could house 200 comets in a 55g?

And I too agree the 55g hex isnt overcrowded but stocked. I have a fluval 305 rated at 70g's on it. I wish I never would have gone community and got some dicus tho!?!

zanytomato

AC Members
Jul 31, 2007
Vancouver
And I too agree the 55g hex isnt overcrowded but stocked. I have a fluval 305 rated at 70g's on it. I wish I never would have gone community and got some dicus tho!?!
Yeah, I had thought about going discus.. I don't mind the extra upkeep and would enjoy the challenge, however around here they are super $$$$. I think I'll keep those for a later project once I own a house and can get things nicely plumbed in, etc.

vtx-coley, the castle theme is neat-- sort of a hidden wonderland look about it. I have a castle-y theme in my current 20, but it's more of the abandoned ruins sort.

mike-- is that just uv lighting? I imagine it must look quite neat in person.

Gouramigirl71

Registered Fishaholic
May 4, 2007
Here's my 55 at Christmas when I got it.

12-19-2007 new 55 tank 010.jpg

j_chicago

Usually Drunk
May 12, 2007
Chicago, Il
Real Name
Jason
taken a while back, changed some since, for the worse as I stole plants from it to re-do my 10g, which looks great now.

kitokatlin

1.21 Gigawatts!

theotheragentm

AC Members
Nov 28, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

It's growing out as I haven't pruned it in a long time since I have to break down the whole tank to move it in a week or so. The Wisteria has completely engulfed the Moai in the middle, growing around both sides.

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
your tanks all are so awsome, puts mine to shame, but thank you for the wonderful words. I really like your themes, and the I love the pots and the easter island heads, you guys have quit awsome imaginations !! kito, whats that moss on the log?? I love it!!

zanytomato

AC Members
Jul 31, 2007
Vancouver
Yeah, these are all fantastic.. I feel very inspired. I'd better be careful, or my b/f and I are going to end up having to move out of our apartment to leave room for the fish :D

Actually, he and I have a running joke.. remember the scene from movie Backdraft when you see the fire come under the door and then get sucked back in? We keep waiting to see the same but with water at our place when we arrive home one day.. then we'll know the fish have finally taken over ;)

Bnoble

Advanced User
Jan 31, 2008
USA,VA
Here's my 55 at Christmas when I got it.
beautiful tank i really like the large stone substrate and driftwood!

Nice looking tanks EVERYONE..KEEP EM COMING!:headbang2::grinyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store