plant storage

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
Lol, what are the plants? You might be fine depending on what you're got.

duneenworywifit

AC Members
Jul 23, 2007
Well thankgod I have my handy dandy plant encyclopedia!I have buy not 100% sure,Cabomba,pennywort,ludwigia,java fern,java moss,baby tears and duckweed.

duneenworywifit

AC Members
Jul 23, 2007
After doing quite a bit of reading I have found out that Java moss is a PITA,and Duckweed is called aquatic herpes............now Im pickin up whatchya puttin down!I like it!Im new to this and Im having fun.Isnt that what its all about!

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
You should be ok with excel and those plants. Moss isn't terrible if done right. Its great to attach to wood and shrimp love the stuff. Duckweed is a plant that you have to know what you're getting yourself into. I use it in my cray tank and it ends up in my others but I just scoop it out. The only tank it is abundant in is the one I intended it to be.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
plants are just fine to float for a while. i picked up a bunch of amazon swords a little while back and they floated for nearly two weeks before i had a chance to get in to the tank and rescape and plant. heck, i still have crypts floating from over a month ago, lol.

you might see some leaves 'melt' off them but they'll bounce back. be sure to inspect the plants and remove any dead or dying parts before planting.

duneenworywifit

AC Members
Jul 23, 2007
Well Im still waiting for this stand to come in..should of built one.Anyways some of the plants are starting to die or melt.Whats the best thing to do ? should I put them in a bigger tub and add more light?What to do what to do what to do.....they are still in the 10gal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store