Planted 90 Gallon Project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Neglected 90gallon tank

Well I haven't done much for the tank since adding water. I have added clippings from some of my other tanks just so it wouldn't look bare. The only live stock in there are snails that came over on the plants.

This is what it looks like as of today.

I think its desperately in need of the background but I have got the patience to get the tank clean 1st hope to do it soon though.

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
hmm... is the filter intake/output on the front a temporary thing?

looks great though! :)

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
hmm... is the filter intake/output on the front a temporary thing?

looks great though! :)

LOL, yeah it's only temporary until I get the back glass and background on there. I'll then move the filter intake output to the back opposite corners.:thumbsup:

geekpryde

AC Members
Dec 30, 2008
Maine, USA
I am watching this thread closely and hope for more posts soon. I am starting a planted tank of my own and am really envious of the driftwood branch you have there. I am going to muck around in some swampy areas here in Maine on the weekend and hopefully find something similiar. More pics please.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
I am watching this thread closely and hope for more posts soon. I am starting a planted tank of my own and am really envious of the driftwood branch you have there. I am going to muck around in some swampy areas here in Maine on the weekend and hopefully find something similiar. More pics please.

I haven't forgotten about your request for pics, but unfortunately the tank has become a bit of mess. I ripped out a few plant species from the 120g and haven't decided what to do with them yet so they've ended up in the 90g temporarily.

I've seen your 75g thread and you are off to a great start.:thm: I'm not much of an aquascaper so I hope you have better luck than I do...LOL

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
I was lucky enough to have another local club member have extra from a package he purchased although I'm not certain from where. I've seen some awesome stuff here from Manzanitadude in the marketplace thread.

BTW the in the pick those are 3 separate pieces. Keep in mind separate pieces give you flexibility getting them into a suitable position. I've had nice pieces I've had to chop because they were unmanageable, but it all worked out in the end. You can hide where the pieces meet with your scape which is what I tried to do if you see the pic. in post #21

geekpryde

AC Members
Dec 30, 2008
Maine, USA
I was lucky enough to have another local club member have extra from a package he purchased although I'm not certain from where. I've seen some awesome stuff here from Manzanitadude in the marketplace thread.

BTW the in the pick those are 3 separate pieces. Keep in mind separate pieces give you flexibility getting them into a suitable position. I've had nice pieces I've had to chop because they were unmanageable, but it all worked out in the end. You can hide where the pieces meet with your scape which is what I tried to do if you see the pic. in post #21
Thanks for the info, I will look into zip-tying some branchy peices togeather. I also sent Manzanitadude a PM, to see there is anything for sale at the moment.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Well the backgrounds on and the filter plumbing is moved so this is what the finish tank looks like.

It's a bit cloudy because I stirred up mess from plants I had in here temporarily. The P. Stella narrow leaf if it does well can stay in there if it's manageable I'll keep an eye on it. No final decision on fish yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store