Planted Aquarium 180 Gal Stocking Options

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Milfsplitta

AC Members
Dec 18, 2014
Sydney Australia
Real Name
Jason
Hope you enjoy the pics, only got a few.
First one shows the total landscape of tank so far. if anyone has any tips on plants or anything like that that would be cool.
second shows rummy nose schooling with a few cardinals shooting about.
Third is 2 rams, a gourami, rummy nose and neons.
Ill upload more photos soon :)
Cheers,

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I would add more otos. 2 just isn't enough to keep them happy. Get maybe 5 or 6 more.

Also, keep an eye out for those Rams. If any babies occur, they will attack and chase off any intruders on their side of the tank. Or if they are all males I can see problems with territories.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Milfsplitta

AC Members
Dec 18, 2014
Sydney Australia
Real Name
Jason
Good idea with the otto's. Ill put it on the to-do list. (its getting pretty big :S)
Its like there not even in the tank at the moment :p it took me 30 minutes to try and find one of the two i have, and that was plum luck with him moving about.
As for the rams, in relation to territories. Would more logs/plants help in establishing territories? What you cant really see is at the back of the tank is a massive log where all the cory's hide out if that changes anything.
What im going to be focusing on next in this tank is plants to cover the substrate. If there are any suggestions im open to it. Theres quite a few to chose from and i am not used to a planted substrate.
As for stocking possibilities in the future:
long fin peppermint bristle nose catfish
Blue Emperor tetras
Lemon Tetras or silver tip tetras
Green Neon tetras
Harlequin Rabosa
Fighting fish
Bumble bee

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store