planted community tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
Very nice! If you are looking for a background try an all black background. It will really show off all of the beautiful plants and fish.

Marinemom

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
May I ask what aquatic plant is the floating ones? Nice tank!

Robin Alv

Robin
Jan 14, 2008
New Jersey
Yep - I need a background and have to decide on a color. Brown might be nice - might go black though. My cheery barb has two buddies hiding in the plants. They get along well but no one is laying any eggs these days. They're playful with one another so I'll just wait and see. One is much brighter than the others so I assume it's the male - don't know - I've never bred fish before.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
One is much brighter than the others so I assume it's the male - don't know - I've never bred fish before.
Yep. That's the male. The bright red coloration is his way of saying he's in the mood for love.

If he starts wearing gold chains and you hear Barry White coming from the aquarium, you know he's really ready. :lipssealedsmilie:

Robin Alv

Robin
Jan 14, 2008
New Jersey
Can't wait for the music!! The plants (to answer Neonflux) aren't floating. They actually just got so tall and are wispy so they can hang over like that. It formed a kinda tunnel that I didn't expect. I like it. I'm sorry - I don't know the name. I just see a plant I like and ask about lighting etc. to know if it can live in my tank. I guess that's kind of lazy of me, but it seems to be working.

Robin Alv

Robin
Jan 14, 2008
New Jersey
Okay - so now I'll look up hornworts and cabomba and ambulia to see what it is. I have to admit, before looking, that hornworts sounds rather familiar.

Robin Alv

Robin
Jan 14, 2008
New Jersey
Okay - just checked it out and camboba looks most similar to what I have. I'll look for other photos, but so far I think it is the camboba.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store