Plants For Vivarium (half aquariuim, half land)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Aries

"Umm...., what is that!!??"
Jan 19, 2003
Ohio, Dayton
Visit site
This is what I have so far (front top looking down). The right side is land | soil for regular air plants to grow. THe left side is where the aquarium is - it is 'L' shaped as to allow for more water and to hide the filter and heater. THere is currently no fountain here because it is being repaired - leaks too much. The log on the land is fake - but the toads seem to like it alot. The rocks are real as well as the driftwood in the back left - if you can see it.

Just wanted to show everyone what it was looking like. When I get it all nice and planted - I will post again - hopefully with better pics - currently I have no place to store them but here.

Aries

PICT0007AC.JPG

ergo sum

AC Members
Mar 15, 2005
That looks great! Now you can't just post a picture when you get it planted you have to tell us what plants you want to put in. This is the virtually vicarious world we post in.

I would be concerned about the potting soil. I think at least I would cover it with an inch of pea gravel. Maybe someone who has used it in this fashion will come along but I suspect it is going to cause you problems.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store