Plants - plastic vs real??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ms.Bubbles

AC Members
Sep 26, 2005
Plants are helpful for de-toxifying the water, they don't snag fish fins, & they look beautiful as they grow & form natural shapes. When I first joined the forum I saw a few planted tanks & I knew this was what I wanted for mine.

Plants don't have to be difficult if you choose ones that suit your tank conditions (lighting & gravel). Not all plants are fussy about PH or require special enriched substrate & CO2, which can get a bit complicated.
I just prune mine once in a while & add a little fertilizer every month or so.

Of course, it depends on which type of plants you choose.

:)

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
have you read through the plant section at all here on the forums? There are lots of interesting threads that might give you an idea of the care they require just by skimming through some posts. Personally, I am sticking with silk for now. I appreciate not having to worry about anything but the fish.

niki

betta nut
Nov 12, 2005
salem, OR
aquariumhobyist said:
ya some real plants require little care compared to others. yet instead of getting plastic plants you can also get silk. silk look pretty much as real looking as real plants but require no care. so i prefer silk plants.
I also prefer silk plants for the same reason. another reason i like them is that they are obvioulsy softer than plastic plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store