Plants releasing bubbles?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TipStylez

XCELMotorsports.com
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle WA
Is it normal for plants to relase bubbles constantly?

Ever since i hooked up my Co2, they started doing that. I checked to see if its just my co2 bubbles blowing around, but its coming directly off the plants.

Mainly from one of my plants that used to carry seeds.

This ones releaseing the most.

BTW, anyone know what that plant is thats releasing the most bubbles Its connected to that grass like plant on the right.

Thanks

phanmc

AC Members
Jun 24, 2004
Visit site
Your plants are pearling, generating O2 fast enough where it doesn't immediately dissolve into the water. Adding CO2 will help accelerate the O2 generation since CO2 and light are what drives the photosynthesis process.

Can you get a closeup of the plant? I'm guessing it's a type of val, perhaps spiralis

Ketso

Cityfied Redneck
Jan 26, 2007
Peebles, Ohio
Yep, it's normal. Your plants are producing oxygen. It's a good thing.

As for the ID, I am not sure which plant you are talking about, not that I am a plant guru or anything. Maybe take another shot of it or point it out. LOL.

TipStylez

XCELMotorsports.com
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle WA
Your plants are pearling, generating O2 fast enough where it doesn't immediately dissolve into the water. Adding CO2 will help accelerate the O2 generation since CO2 and light are what drives the photosynthesis process.

Can you get a closeup of the plant? I'm guessing it's a type of val, perhaps spiralis
Heres some more close ups.

Its the grass like plant.

My first guess was a Sagittania Subulata (Narrow Leat Sagittaria)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store