Please check my dosing calculations

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hydro

AC Members
Oct 31, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
Visit site
I'm dosing NoSalt for K. It comes in a 311 g bottle and it says a 1.3 g contains 650 mg K, which would be 50% K (650/1300 mg). So adding 1 g of NoSalt to 10 gal (37.9 L) would yield 16.06 ppm (1000 mg x 50% / 37.9 L). Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
I've have been using this formula from the Fert Sticky at the top of this Forum for almost two years now (with excellent results, I might add):

For Potassium (K) - use No-Salt / Nu-Salt (KCL) - 1/4 tsp. per 20 gals. after water change. Or you can mix a stock solution and keep in the refrigerator. Mix 1tbsp. K2SO4 with tap water in a 300ml bottle. Shake WELL until dissolved and dose 10ml 2x week in a tank of 30 gal. and over and 1x week in a tank smaller than 30 gal.
Now, since you're asking in grams and not teaspoons, I have to also add this converter:

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/conversions.htm

Hydro

AC Members
Oct 31, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
Visit site
Thanks Timmain. I had forgotten about that sticky (read it some time ago) and I should review it. I would still like to know though whether the way I am estimating the ppm is correct, because I can then use the same approach to figure out other ferts. So if you or others could check my math, that would be great.

By the way, the link for the conversion page is real handy and I got it bookmarked now. I'm always struggling to figure out how many ml or g in a teaspoon. Thanks.

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
No Problem. I stink at hard math tho, so I can't help you much on making sure that your PPM conversions are correct.

And that is a handy link. I went looking for it a few months ago (trying to make microdoses of ferts for small tanks).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store