Please don't let it be flukes or something sinister like that...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

corrieberry

AC Members
Mar 8, 2009
London
There was no kanamycin. Any more suggestions?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
There was no kanamycin. Any more suggestions?
For some Interpet products, email them first their ingredients before you buy and use.

Interpet Aquarium Anti Internal Bacteria
Internal systemic bacterial infections (Pseudomonas, Aeromonas and Vibrio species) are a common cause of death in aquarium fishes.

The symptoms can range from no obvious external signs to very severe and obvious symptoms. Internal systemic infections have previously only been treatable with veterinary prescribed antibiotics.

Anti Internal Bacteria is a breakthrough product which effectively halts the progress of internal bacterial progress in many cases.

Anti Internal Bacteria is a two-dose course of treatment which is added directly to the aquarium. It is important to catch these internal bacterial infections as early as possible to increase the chances of a cure.

Interpet Aquarium Anti Fungus and Finrot
Finrot (Mycobacteria species), mouth rot and mouth fungus (Flexibacter species) and cotton wool disease (Saprolgenia) are common diseases of fish. Anti Fungus and Finrot must be used as soon as diagnosis has been made to prevent the disease from spreading and the eventual death of the fish.

Anti Fungus and Finrot is a single dose treatment which is added directly to the aquarium to quickly and effectively control disease bacteria on and off the fish. The treatment remains active for a few days, preventing further outbreaks.

Koi Anti Fungus and Bacterial by Interpet (UK)

Acriflavine, Malachite Green & Methylene Blue used for External bacterial & Fungal infections in Pond fish. Note Harmful to Orfe, Rudd and Stergeons/Sterlets

corrieberry

AC Members
Mar 8, 2009
London
I will go in and see if I can get them tomorrow. My LFS doesn't open on Sundays. If I can't get them there I will have to look into doing an online order. I'm worried the delay is going to make it uncurable. I added salt yesterday and today Ory's fins are covered in spots and he has whitish mucus coming off his wen. The big white lumps on his wen have reduced.

SDC10245.JPG

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
White spots? If so, that's indeed ich especially as it seems the spots proliferate rather quickly from the sound of your updates so far. I just hope all your goldies will pull through. They've been through so many issues.:(

corrieberry

AC Members
Mar 8, 2009
London
Me too! It's been one problem after the other. Stupid thing is, when I first got them I didn't know any better and they were in terrible conditions, but all amazingly healthy apart from a bit stunted. *sigh*

So the salt treats the ich, right? I've got that in hand. It's the columnaris now. BTW is the salt meant to make the water taste salty? Cos I put a bit on my tongue and it didn't. I'm assuming it isn't, just making sure.

MTiffany

Swamp Thing
Jul 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I know exactly what you're going through corrie. I cleared the Ich in my tank and still had 100% mortality on four goldfish from secondary mystery infections. Very frustrating. And heartbreaking.

Here's my experience: Melafix and Pimafix are worthless for treating established infections. The bloody streaks sound like secondary bacterial infections from infestation by Ich or other parasties. Treat with antibiotics. Treat now. Use Maracyn and Maracyn 2. Or API's EM Erythromycin and TC Tetracycline. I did a Melafix/Pimafix course and that wasted time probably cost my last moor its life.

If I could do it over again, I would have dosed the tank with antibiotics the day I started treating for Ich.

corrieberry

AC Members
Mar 8, 2009
London
Ahhh man, I can't get to the shops till tomorrow. I will run out as soon as I get back from work. I'll have a look for those two!

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Sodium chloride battles ich. At tablespoon per 5g, it should not make your water too salty. It'd take a lot of salt to notice the distinctive taste.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Here's my experience: Melafix and Pimafix are worthless for treating established infections. The bloody streaks sound like secondary bacterial infections from infestation by Ich or other parasties. Treat with antibiotics. Treat now. Use Maracyn and Maracyn 2. Or API's EM Erythromycin and TC Tetracycline. I did a Melafix/Pimafix course and that wasted time probably cost my last moor its life.

If I could do it over again, I would have dosed the tank with antibiotics the day I started treating for Ich.
I agree. Melafix and Pimafix have always been worthless as corrective treatments than as preventive treatments. Even then, clean water was a cheaper substitute to Melafix and Pimafix.

corrieberry

AC Members
Mar 8, 2009
London
Please allow me to scream

:mad2:

Ory now has swimbladder problems. So that's no food then peas for the next three days. He is swimming at the surface swallowing air :thumbsdown:(and it can't be lack of oxygen because nobody else is doing it, I have three airstones running, and they get sinking food but had peas yesterday).

I will go into my LFS and see if they have:

EM Erythromycin
TC Tetracyclin
Interpret Aquarium Anti Internal Bacteria
Interpret Aquarium Anti Fungus and Finrot
Koi Anti Fungus and Bacterial

They have to have ONE of those.

On the bright side, Ellie's fins aren't so red anymore, and she is looking (slightly) less bloodshot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store