Please give any advice *African Clawed Frog* Acting strangely and not eating.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
Chytrid is indeed devastating frog populations in the wild, but X. Laevis isn't affected by it. This is the main reason they were widely exported around the globe to be used in lab testing. It's believed they could be carriers, however, and ones turned loose have decimated native species here in California.

Gwen925

AC Members
Aug 30, 2009
Thanks, Jannika, I sure didn't know that. I'm sorry for the bad info, Jamie, I should have researched that before I spoke. I've had lots of experience with ADFs, but no, obviously, :footinmouth: experience or background in ACFs.

I sure hope the little guy gets well. :)

Haileycookie11

AC Members
Sep 4, 2016
My african clawed frog is about 6-7 yrs. old and he seems to be kinda lethargic since we moved him out of the goldfish tank(that's right, Gold fish tank!!!:)) he doesn't go insane and try to eat everything he just sits there. it seems kinda weird:(, So turns out even after living with them for quite a few years, i properly did some reasearch and it said not to house him with other fish, so we moved into his own 10 gallon. he was happy for a little bit, but now when i put the food in, he doesn't move, he onlt moves time to time and i'm worried!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store