Please help me

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
:(

It's always so worrisome when fish get sick. Almost like little children in this regard.

Sometimes I wish this country had a model more like the one in the UK, where antibiotics are Rx only and fish can actually get vet consultations easily. We aren't doctors or pharmacists, and yet we sort of have to play them when we treat our fish.

Nabob_Mob

AC Members
Oct 27, 2010
Northern Illinois
TY

UPDATE:

Treated with tetracyclene, Epson salts and regular salt, a few have begun eating agin but all are still hanging at the surface, but eatin again is an improvement. fins are......... less clamped, they also seem more responsive to my movements in front of the tank.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I would be doing daily water changes at the large end of the scale.....

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
If you don't see any improvement, you can mix Tetracyline and Maracyn 2 (according to Mardel, who I would consider trustworthy). Since Maracyn 2 treats septicemia, which usually starts out as finrot, it's what I would use to up the ante if the TC alone is not cutting it. Are they eating well?

Nabob_Mob

AC Members
Oct 27, 2010
Northern Illinois
Update, triple sulfa cured whatever the issue was, TAF suggested possibly Septicemia. Fish are now eating and cleaning slates, fins are still recovering so I will be watching closely. Still open to suggestions for causes

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
No idea, really...I do think that bacteria is more active at higher temps, and fish that are spawning are definitely under more physical strain/stress. Your stocking levels are high, but not unusual for what you are trying to accomplish. What are you using for filtration? Maybe run some activated carbon? Cheap and easy, some carbon and a box filter only costs a few dollars and could maybe help keep things extra clean.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store