Please Help Me !!!!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

superjohnny

AC Members
Dec 18, 2002
Sol
Harlock I was referring to a comment I made, which I edited out because it was in poor taste. If we couln't make fish sandwiches out of our pets after they get too big what would be the fun in this hobby? ;)

Tinfoil barbs do get very large. I saw an aquarium in Singapore where they had an enormous tank with about 5 12"+ tinfoil's. My eyes about popped out of my head. They were monsters. They also had a 2' long catfish in there... big tank. The night zoo if anyone from Singapore is reading this. If you're going to visit Singapore it's a must see.

My apologies for being vague and confusing.

ps, i don't think you can eat tropical fresh-water fish can you? Lemme guess... tastes like chicken? :p

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
Darn, I was hoping that "poor taste" comment was about me...I had a great come back and everthing...oh, well...by the way, the asian markets near me in the San Francisco Bay area regularly stock tin foil barbs in the frozen section..no joke! :) Many of the fish we keep - pacus, loaches, barbss, cats etc.- are important food sources in their native lands!

Last edited:

Spikor

[insert witty title here]
Feb 15, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
yeah, a lot of fish we own are considered food elsewhere. BUT, that is for fresh caught fish!!! don't eat aquarium fish! they recieve weird medicines and carry disease that can make you very sick!!! yikes!! i can't believe i just said that! lol

though my gold gourami is looking plump these days. :p

Kabong

AC Members
Oct 17, 2004
I'm thinking that there may be a slight, slight possibility that you are unable to get enough food in for the multitudes of fish in your tank. Could your silver dollars be acting out in defence of their cramped living arrangements? Perhaps if more people planned out the apropriate housing and comunity for their finned friends, they may not need to resort to eating the decorations in the tank. I recomend either a much bigger tank (75 gal ), or a series of 20 gal tanks.

illiswiller

Prevention - the best medicine!
Jan 11, 2005
Flagfish - you really need to take a lot more of your fish back. Go look at Blinky's comment in your other post for advice. If you don't, you are going to end up with a diseased tank for a number of reasons and all or most of your fish will die which will be expensive, painful and a waste.

If you post in ernest then people are happy to help you, even if you make mistakes - but if you don't listen to people's advise and expertise then everyone is going to lose here including us, you, and especially your fish! Please take more fish back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store