Please ID my fish!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gene0514

AC Members
Jan 20, 2009
Staten Island, NY
I was sold this fish as a damsel. My yellow-tail blue damsel is bullying it. I am probably gonna return this yellow one today.

Here is a pic

IMG_0977.jpg

imkevin20

AC Members
Jan 20, 2009
looks like an Anthias to me, maybe a female pink one.

For reference, looks about right.

ProAquatics

Java craving
Mar 6, 2008
Lake Chabot
damsel not anthias

Lucas Kane

AC Members
Oct 10, 2005
Id say the store and ProAquatics are right some kind of Damsel. Most damsels do best in groups of 3+ but that being said most damsels are aggressive little buggers that grow up into aggressive ugly(my opinion) buggers. I would Return them both but again just my opinion :p

Sorry could not be more help best of luck with the tank Gene0514 :D

Gene0514

AC Members
Jan 20, 2009
Staten Island, NY
Id say the store and ProAquatics are right some kind of Damsel. Most damsels do best in groups of 3+ but that being said most damsels are aggressive little buggers that grow up into aggressive ugly(my opinion) buggers. I would Return them both but again just my opinion :p

Sorry could not be more help best of luck with the tank Gene0514 :D
thanks
I like the blue one though
the store was closed so I'll return it this week

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Chrysiptera rex. Not as aggressive as some other damsel species, but pugnacious nonetheless. Most damsels either occur in groups or individually--keeping them in groups (despite the fact that they occur this way in the wild) is usually a bad idea.

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
yeh id agree and say its a damsel... Damsels are great to cycle a tank, but afterwards they are just trouble as they grow up... i had 2 black domino damsels, and they grow to about 5 times their size within a year, and i just had to take them out because they caused way too much trouble in the tank..

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
yeh id agree and say its a damsel... Damsels are great to cycle a tank, but afterwards they are just trouble as they grow up... i had 2 black domino damsels, and they grow to about 5 times their size within a year, and i just had to take them out because they caused way too much trouble in the tank..
I disagree. Letting the tank mature and cycle without fish is a better option IMO.

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
yeh i agree wiht that, but when choosing the option of using fish to cycle the tank, a damsel would be my person first choice (and many others..)

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
yeh i agree wiht that, but when choosing the option of using fish to cycle the tank, a damsel would be my person first choice (and many others..)
I agree that cycling with damsels is popular and "works" in alot of cases, but to make that statement seems to endorse it when there are more responsible options and many headaches to avoid. Fish are not needed to cycle a tank.

"Damsels are great to cycle a tank, but afterwards they are just trouble as they grow up"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store