Pleco acting sluggish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
My pleco in my 10 gallon is acting more sluggish than usuall. I don't know the exact temp, but I think the tank got 70f or below last night and he's acting very sluggish this morning, should I move him into my 75 gallon heated tank until I can get a heater for the 10?

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I'd move him there...but keep him there. A 10g is too small for almost every fish labeled as a Pleco.

PumaWard

Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
Okay, I moved him and he's still acting very sluggish... :(, he's turned very white and lost a little equilibrium (not much though). I checked my 10's ammonia and nitrite situation... nothing to report.

My Juli may have picked on him to death :(... Is there anything you guys think I can do for him?

PumaWard

Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
Well, he died :(... he was my fav pleco too :(
I can't think of anything that would have happened to him except that the Juli killed him (overstress, not physically)... Wouldn't surprise me, there was a dead danio too this morning, my prime suspect is also the juli.
I'll, keep trying to figure out what went wrong. :(

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Julidochromis spp? They're really, really aggressive!!!

I'm sorry to hear about the Pleco and Danio.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store