Pleco just picked a fight with convict?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Technico

AC Members
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah Idk what happened in that log... But the convict has his own cave. And the pleco loveeeeesss the driftwood. But the convict throughout the day will sometimes just swim through the log, and my little crayfish likes to hang out in there too, Idk.. maybe the convict did bite him, or maybe the convict freaked out the crayfish and he pinched or something Idk lol, but thankfully they're doing okay now.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Sometimes my pleco gives my Oscar the old heave-ho, get out of my way shove and it starts a mini-fight between them. Neither one is hurt by it. Just a typical squabble in the tank. Doesn't happen often and gets started by either one. I wouldn't be the least bit concerned by it.

Color and fin display is very typical to make a fish look bigger and meaner that he is. Again, a natural occurrence.

tfrank112

AC Members
Feb 11, 2010
Southern California
Convicts and all cichlids get colorful when they are protecting their territory its to ward off invaders from coming into their territory. But when they do not feel threaten they get less colorful. Although my Jack Dempsey and Jewel Cichlid like to hang out together, but stay very colorful. It also has to do with the water conditions and lightning for its color as well. If it doesn't stay colorful then your water PH is probably wrong.

MrMann

AC Members
Jul 6, 2012
Well you could have had an issue like I did the other day...my 13" male umbee thought that his tank no longer needed a 3" BN pleco anymore so he ate him. I was a bit worried that the pleco would get stuck in the umbee's mouth but he got him down.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store