Plecos Aggressive Fish??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shmeeb001

AC Members
Jan 2, 2003
Visit site
ah . . . no. i . . . did you just compare neons to piranhas? 'cause . . um . . . well . . . no. :) actually the behavior that you are talking about in piranhas is 'caused by starvation, not the lone psycho fish.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
some plecos are agressive though and not only to other plecos but to other fish. Some will atack discus and angel fish my plecos from before use to atack my oscars and they would even go on a high speed chase to catch a goldfish I would often find them latter on eating the goldfish they were chasing. So it depends on the pleco and it was a common pleco not a carn but a veggie eater so never underestimate the power of the PLECO.

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
GER1023
I'd always heard that as; "I see I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw."
:)

JH

AC Members
Sep 11, 1998
I had a pleco that once it reached 6-7" it started getting very aggressive. It attacked and killed 3 adult angels that I had. It didn't take me long to turn that fish back in.

This is just my expierence I'm sure others have good ones. Like all the other post each fish is different.

Shelly

AC Members
Dec 29, 2002
Pekin, IL
Visit site
I no longer have my pleco....He was pretty peaceful but would have gotten too big, and it also saved any accidents that might of happened.:) I returned him to the LFS where I got him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store