Poll: Help Design My Podcast Fishkeeping Episode!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Which Topic Should Every Non-Hobbyist Know About Fishkeeping?

• The Nitrogen Cycle

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Filtration

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Freshwater vs. Saltwater

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Importance of Regular Water Changes

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Feeding

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Fishkeeping Equipment/Supplies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aquariums (Size, Shape, Surface Area, Glass/Acrylic)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Fish Illness/Disease

• Animal Respect/Cruelty

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Types of (Freshwater) Fish/Tank Inhabitants

• Live Plants

• Quarentine/Acclimation

• Stocking/Compatibility

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Breeding

• Total voters

fineanimal

AC Members
Jun 23, 2007
Minnesota
Yes, I'm actually having the same problem separating topics, and I haven't even been at it very long!

I'm still designing the show, but I would expect to spend between 10-20 minutes on fishkeeping, including related discussions and planned tangents. Hopefully this week I'll get it rolling!

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
All the best on it and let us know how it turns out!

fineanimal

AC Members
Jun 23, 2007
Minnesota
I'm still writing the show. The fishkeeping segment is tough to keep at a reasonable length!

Just a reminder though--this podcast will be about all kinds of subjects. It's only one episode that discusses fishkeeping.

I'll let you all know when it's ready.

Paul

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
I was wondering about this. Keep us posted.

fineanimal

AC Members
Jun 23, 2007
Minnesota
The Show's Finally Ready!

Okay, better late than never, everybody. I got blindsided by a job layoff in early August, so I've been absent for a while. But my new podcast is now running, and Episode 002 is the one about fishkeeping.

Obviously, I didn't cover everything. Mainly the Nitrogen Cycle, and an attempt to help people appreciate fish more. I just couldn't squeeze everything into one hour. This show is meant to inspire interest among people who have no interest in fish. So too many details would have been inappropriate.

If you like this episode, please do me a favor and vote for the show at Podcast Alley. Use the VOTE button on my website, and it takes only seconds to accomplish. That'll really help get the word out about the show, and therefore, about fishkeeping! Thanks in advance!

So here it is. The show is called Paul's Academy. The URL is www.paulsacademy.com

Hope you like it!

Paul

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store