Poor Panda Corys

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
DOnt know which PD you went to or even if they have central system but depending on Mgr/staff, they can have healthy fish but I do know all the Petco I know of did ran centralized system.

Like I said on your prev thread, check the rest of fish to determine how well they take care of their live sotcks. Last I saw in my lfs, although bit small, they were ~ $3/ea, perhaps 2/$5.50 if memory serves.

Good luck with the hunt!

vombatus

AC Members
In general, I'd recommend buying any live animals from Petco over Petland Discounts, and not just because I work at Petco. But some individual Petland D stores do have really good fish people and are exceptions to the rule. I just wanted to chime in and say that you shouldn't necessarily draw conclusions about fish care based on what you see in one visit. For example, we get something like 16 panda cories in a delivery, but they sell fast. We might have two in the tank when you happen to be looking. And they might not look healthy, because sometimes some of our fish aren't healthy, but we work hard (at my location anyway) to generally maintain a happy, healthy, large selection of fish as best we can. As far as guarantees, Petland D does have a guarantee but Petco's is longer at 30 days.

P.S. I think it's just a matter of luck, but my trio of orange laser cories from my store are the longest-lived fish in my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store