Possible Stray Cat.....What to do?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
Well they are serioulsy considering taking him...but the more I think about it, the more I want him for me. I could hardly sleep last night 'cause I was thinking about him. I'm not sure they'll say yes though, and then we'll get him. I can't not have him. I'm waiting for him to come in tonight. I might try setting him up in the office for tonight with an extra litter box. Or if he really seems to want out, I'll let him out and work up to it. At the least, I am taking him in tuesday morning and bringing him up to chris' parents (who don't have cats atm) and they will foster him while we get the money to have him tested and neutered so he can "meet" my cats (having just spent 400$ unexpectedly on that 150g....vet bills this week and next would be tough).

Having him neutered and immunized/dewormed/tested isn't an option. It will happen no matter what.

I just see so many darn coincidences! One of which is that I changed my av suddenly to a black cat - and one shows up! :eek: (Thanks btw, doll!) He's so handsome. Sigh.

I wonder if I told you guys about the time we had a squirrel eating cupcakes off our porch:p I burnt a batch and stuck it on the porch because it was smoking. Next morning, one was gone. And the day after that, another disappeared. (Laziness prevented me from taking the pan in;)). Well, I finally busted the stinker. Big gray squirrel had a taste for strawberry cupcakes:D

chunksofpoooo

sloth loves chunk
Sep 16, 2004
Los Angeles, California
vet costs arent the only thing you'll have to worry about financially. Cats cost anywhere from $1000 to $1500 a year. But on the bright side, you wont have to worry about that squirrel anymore.....unless the cats a wuss like mine...

im more of a dog person, actually, but id say try and keep it

word of the wise:
dont be suprized if the cat isnt as loyal as your other cats. We bought a cat once (at a petstore) from a man that had passed away, and the cat didnt stick around for more than a week. As far as i know the cat is still looking for the old guy....

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
Visit site
Whoops.

Last edited:

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
Visit site
Leopardess said:
chunksofpoooo said:
vet costs arent the only thing you'll have to worry about financially. Cats cost anywhere from $1000 to $1500 a year.

word of the wise:
dont be suprized if the cat isnt as loyal as your other cats.

HA! You haven't met my cats! Dante and Baron racked up about 1800$ in vets bills the first week we had them. And about another 2000 since still just at the vet. Between surgeries, non specific viral infections, stomach ailments and a myriad of other things they had when we got them....these cats should be pooping out gold for me.

I realize that cats costs money (I already have two;)) I mean the problem is that our vet doesn't have a payment system and we'd just need an inital chunk in *cash* this week for everything and we just bought a 150g tank (feeling guilty about that now). The other costs aren't a problem.

I also don't expect him to be the same...but he sure is acting it so far....

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
Lots of good advice here Leo! Just wanted to add that whenever we had cats, they were indoor/outdoor. My favorite (and one we had the longest, she was 9 when she passed away) was in more than she was out - she was so smart, she'd jump up and hang from the curtains hanging on the door if she wanted out. She was never out for long, longest stretch was when we were all out at work/school... and she was always in for the nite. When she wanted to come in she would jump really high and stick (a la spiderman!) to the screen door. Quite amusing!!

My best friend's cat, Buddy, is 90% outside cat, but he's great when he is in... not the most affectionate cat, but if he's in the mood, he's a great cuddler! Comes in around 10pm and goes out when her hubby leaves for work at 3am. Then she has an inside cat, Daisy (whom, btw, she adopted from some shelter that goes down to Puerto Rico and rescues abandoned cats... apparently abandoned/strays are rampant down there). Daisy is 100% inside, but still to this day (she's had her 4 years) will try to get out of the house if the door is left open, but she doesn't cry at all.

Good luck, he's a cutie!

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
Visit site
Well...let's see. I took him in this morning and he's been in since. He ate his fill of food and then curled up on chris for 45 minutes. We gave him his own litter pan (obviously) and after a few minutes of me pushing around the litter and whatnot - he pooped. I was pleased:D He doesn't realize that there is no need to push the litter *out* of the pan, but we can work on that:p

Thought I'd share some more pics because I think he's awfully handsome:

Thanks doll:)

Fishsmurf

I'm not as cute as this....
Nov 27, 2002
Bahrain
Visit site
He is a handsome fella, and already looks comfy, looks like a negative of Milo...
I take it Chris has seen the light:
curled up on chris for 45 minutes
I'm glad you made the decision to keep him... :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store