Pre-feeding for corals?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
The best thing to do is add water to the fish bag(s) and test the SG of the water in the bags as you go. Once temp and SG match, you're good to go.

Drips are easy. Just get some air line tubing, a bucket or pitcher and a potato chip bag clip (to hold the tubing in place on the tank). Tie a couple of loose knots on the line and start the siphon. Gently tighten the knots to adjust the drip to about 6 drops every 30 seconds.

If you are having your fish shipped, I highly encourage you to add some Amquel or Prime to the bag water as soon as you open the bag to knock the ammonia out. This isn't necessary if you are getting your fish locally where the fish won't be in the bag for an extended period before you get them home.

LauraL

AC Members
Jan 1, 2009
N.C.
Not shipped - just local. My SG takes a lot of water (deep six), so it's hard to get enough out of a bag to measure it that way.

Branden_Pearson

AC Members
Jun 9, 2012
I would look around on your local SW forums for someone selling a refractometer. I got mine for 25 and it's super easy to use. You only need a couple drops and it is super accurate. It just makes life way easier when you don't have to dip your hand in the water to fill the hydrometer and then drip water on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store