prefered water conditioner?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Oct 22, 2009
buffalo
i dont know if there is already a thread about this. i could not locate any. i want to know what is your method to condition tap water, for freshwater tanks during water changes?

i currently use Ultimate on water from tap at tank temp and just pour right in after mixing freshwater salt in.

Oct 22, 2009
buffalo
well i never used the salt untill i had a stressing JD. he would just flip out for no reason hurt himself and other fish in my tank. i used the salt to help some of his wounds he would creat from this. after 1 month he calmed down look healthy as ever and all other fish in tank seemed to thrive from this as well. i dont use what the recomended amount is prob only a 1/4 if that. it seems to keep everything stable, and i think if it works it works. but i have read it is not necessary as well.

thorpbrian

AC Members
Oct 7, 2009
La Center, WA
I use Prime. It works very well. It's only drawback is that it stinks something fierce...

Oct 22, 2009
buffalo
Prime is the most popular one on the board, IMHO.

also, do you need to use your salt? do you keep a species that requires salt in the tank? IMHO (again) salt is generally not necessary.

-chris
is prime all you use? or do you combo this with other stuff?

Oct 22, 2009
buffalo

FastFly67

AC Members
Sep 18, 2008
SC
prime
i've tried using other stuff but i'm a chef, not a baker so i'm not too awful good with exact measurements and i've had 1 too many losses due to overdosing other stuff. i've NEVER had a problem overdosing with prime.

geez i'm lazy

Oct 22, 2009
buffalo
sounds like this prime stuff is the most popular. i might have to give it a shot. not that i have had any problems with what i use, i just like to be able to do the best for my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store