Pygmy cory spawn =)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
thanks for the post all! Glad to see you post also Debbi I know you have great experience with most cories.

The egg on the glass was gone the next morning but the one on the leaf stayed for another day. No signs of fry, I do have some moss in there I might redo the tank. I added more anubias but that's about it so far.

Just wanted to update and post a pic of one of the cories I took not too long ago looking at it now I can see she was gravid at the time of the pic IMO.

Nice shot! :thm:

Is the Krib still in the tank? Hopefully with him out you'll have better luck the next time your pygmies spawn!

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
yup krib is out added more anubias and 2 assasin snails to fend off some ram snails I got from somewhere?? no other tanks and added no new plants?? anyhow

got a new egg today and took an awesome picture not like last ones lol I tried saving it this time in a specimen container.... maybe I'll let it hatch and absorb it's eggyolk and add it back in the tank..

DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0001.JPG

nguyendetecting

Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
ok my egg that's pictured has hatched the following morning. I found 4 more eggs and they're hanging n a fry enclosure I put together. I'm finding eggs everyday I hope I can find something to feed them. All I have is first bites how long should I wait?

anyone?

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
They are the smallest fry ever! I was told to keep lots of moss which harbors microscopic organisms that they can eat, and not to have a "clean" tank. They'll get down into the gravel and eat microscopic things too. I'd give then 3 days after hatching and then offer a very teensy amount. Not sure they can handle the size of it. Wouldn't hurt for you to mortal and pestal the first bites to smitherines first,

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Soooo Awesome!!! How are they doing????

nguyendetecting

Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
well the 3year old fry swam out of my enclosure >=/ but at least he was strong enough to swim out maybe he'll make it in the tank. I have about 6-8 eggs I have found in the last 2 days. I have to make a new fry type deal for the tank, I'm slaughtering my anubais everytime I see an egg I cut the leaf off lol. But I have plenty of it. I'll know more in a wk or so if these eggs will make it, the 3day old fry was awesome looking I didn't get picks though.. Imma look for him tonight, he swam out this morning....

nguyendetecting

Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
well 2 eggs hatched today with dead fry =( I think maybe the water is too hard? but the tail was all wrinkled and the fry was lifeless. I have 2 more eggs that are about to hatch and I think will be dead when they hatch also. The one free swimming one is no where to be found but I did find a pic of it.

DSC_0008.JPG DSC_0014.JPG

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Do pygmaeus really eat their own eggs? I thought it was safe to keep them together? Bummer about the still borns... good luck with the new eggs!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store