Queen Gold Nugget?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I just bought this fish a few days ago. Looks like a baby gold nugget with very bold color and larger than normal spots. The lfs guy swore it was a 'dwarf' pl*co that would only get up to 4 or 5 inches. I also searched out a 'Queen Golden Nugget' that only gets up to 8 inches or so.

So, was the lfs guy putting me on? Anyone ever heard of a dwarf Queen Gold Nugget? Or a Queen Golden Nugget?

thanks
:)

clayt101

Registered Abuser
There are three types of gold nuggets. One of which has larger spots, but I don't remember the L number. Try to get a pic if possible, and I agree about planet catfish. Also, I have never heard of a Queen Gold Nugget.

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Agree, never heard of a Queen Gold Nugget. I know one L number is L081, and think another is in 112 range, and the other is like 181 or something. Don't know for sure but think they are all somewhere around this range. The smallest of the Golds is 8 inches so they are not dwarfs. The other two get past the one foot mark. Hope this helps and good luck with your plec. Make sure you have driftwood. They really enjoy driftwood to naw on.

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
She most closely resembles the L177 in the size of spots and boldness of the stripe. But there is no size chart on the Planet Catfish for this particular fish.
I would try to get a picture but I can't lure her out from underneath the driftwood where she has made her home.
Thanks,
:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store