Question on Fish in my 90 Gallon Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

m007

m007
Jan 4, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Neither should present you with any problems. I have a 47 with a 2 tangs, flame, shrimp, and a manderine and they are doing very well. (Upgrade to 90-100 gal in the works) I would however recommend you look for a yellow in the small to medium size (2-3 inch) as with proper feeding it will grow. A large will most likely stress and die. Also if you don't have any naturally occuring algae keep some high quality dried sea veggies on hand. Tangs are grazers and will strip your tank of the green stuff in no time and they need their veggies. I feed a mix of veggies (soft boiled brocolli included) and brine which the angel chows on as much as the tangs. Make sure you have eradicated that ick before you add the yellow! Don't worry about the lonely cardinal. Many fish are schooling and do fine on their own in aquariums.:)

Germanman

My fish are my babies
You should be fine adding the yellow tang or the watchman. How come you only have one cardinal? They do best as schooling fish....
not all cardinals do best in schools and you would need a 150+ tank to accommodate an adult school of most cardinals...it depends on type though. what kind do u have?
and the two fish would be fine just make sure the water is perfect before the add.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store