Quick Cure medication?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SquirrelOsO

AC Members
Oct 28, 2005
pennsylvania
hi i was wondering if anyone here can tell me if the medication Quick Cure stains things in the tank? i have a natural sand bed and id hate for that to turn blue/green
the label says it will turn the water bluish for a few days but doesnt say if its staining
ingredients are malachite green and formalin

kveeti

Easily amused
Jun 12, 2002
Winnipeg, MB
It will stain the silicone seams and some plastics. Shouldn't stain sand but to be sure, take a 1/4 cup out put it in a bowl of water with a drop of the stuff (stronger solution that would be in your tank) and see what happens.

Jessu

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
The ony thing I can remember it stian was a bit of plactic hose on the UGF to the pump. It did turn the water blue for a bit. Also cured the ick.

SquirrelOsO

AC Members
Oct 28, 2005
pennsylvania
thats a good idea testing it on the sand in a cup :D

ooo i forgot to add i have a very large piece of driftwood, i believe wood is porous? would it turn blue or green permanently?

kveeti

Easily amused
Jun 12, 2002
Winnipeg, MB
Do you know the kind of wood? Malaysian driftwood, which is dense and dark, was fine. Not so sure about softer or lighter coloured driftwood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store