Quick opinion needed on cory cat breeding.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shinyfish

AC Members
Aug 7, 2008
Well its been about 1.5weeks and they are much more fish-like now, if that makes sense. Pretty easy to observe them eating and then they lay around for awhile when they are full and a couple hours later they will be back swimming around looking for food.

The count seems to be about 60.
Most of them are about half an inch long and really look like Cory cats already. Some however seem to have not grown much.

I am trying to keep a near constant supply of microworms in the water. I never raised fry before but I have tried to hatch brine shrimp and this seems to be MANY times easier as a way of feeding fry. I supplement with a mix of basically every flake and hard food I have made into a powder in a blender. They seem to enjoy that as well. I am probably going to pick up some frozen baby brine shrimp tomorrow, however, I am not sure its needed.

shinyfish

AC Members
Aug 7, 2008
Is it possible some of them are still hatching? I never cleaned out the dead eggs since they were lose in the mulm. However, even 2 weeks later I am still finding some that only look a day or 2 old. Other then that most of them pretty much just look like mini corys now probably gonna keep them in the 10gal till they are about a month old and all can easily eat bloodworms, then I am gonna move them to the 55.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
That is not possible. If you are seeing some fish that are tinier than most, it is either from them not getting enough food or it could just be genetically weaker fry. Fry growth is not always uniform and those that really lag behind will end up dying over the course of time.

shinyfish

AC Members
Aug 7, 2008
Well they are all able to eat bloodworms now.. adding a bit of those to their diet. Seems like they are growing ridiculously fast.

REDKAHUNA

AC Members
Mar 4, 2009
MARYLAND
I would move the cories if they laid once they will again. Are they full grown? What kind are they? I let my habrosous eggs stay with the parents lots of cover they dont eat the eggs I pull the fry a month later. It really depends on what type of cory you have.

shinyfish

AC Members
Aug 7, 2008
Wow... I am a lousy photographer...

thats them at 2.5w old

DSCF1365.JPG DSCF1366.JPG DSCF1367.JPG DSCF1370.JPG

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
:woot::woot:Nice!:woot::woot: