Quick question about lowering Nitrates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cmartin

Extra tanks - no place to setup :(
Mar 14, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Thanks Wataugachicken.

I am hoping that the new plants will start to bring the numbers down a little quicker. I figured that if it was a steady reduction instead of a big change it would be a little easier on them.

I will do a 25% tomorrow and then about a hour after the WC I will check on the numbers. If they are starting to come into line then I will definately do at least small changes on Sunday and Monday. What else would I do with a long weekend :)

Once I get the numbers in line I can start treating them for Hemorrhage Septicemia - which I didn't even know existed until I brought this bunch home. The 2 goldies have eye problems and the Angel is showing so slight redness around the fins. I guess it is not surprising with the conditions they were in and the stress of the move.

cmartin

Extra tanks - no place to setup :(
Mar 14, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
WooHoo!!! Nitrate readings are now down to 40!!!!

Another 50% change tomorrow and I should have the tank within acceptable levels!

The bioload of these fish is unbelievable. Even in a barebottom tank it is difficult to keep up with the waste. I need to get these guys healthy and find them new homes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store