Quick Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Smitti

AC Members
May 29, 2005
Wasaga Beach On
Hello All

I need a bit of help...I am planing on getting a tank in the next 2 months.

I would like to get guppies and Angles. Is this ok?

How big a tank do you suggest and how many of each can i put in it.

Thanks

Smitti

spirals

i will eat you in your sleep
For angels I'd say 29g+ for a pair (more gallons depending on species and adult size), guppys would probably turn into a snack for them, so I wouldn't advise keeping those two together.

Impudence12

Broke Aquarist
Jul 3, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The bigger the better is pretty much the rule of thumb. More water is easier to control and keep stable. In the next 2 months you owe it to your future fish to read every article and bit of information you can on how to keep fish as well as read up on the fish you plan to get. You want to be an expert as far as knowledge goes on the fish species you are going to get.

Definitely more than anything else read the article about the nitrogen cycle. Reading is the best thing you can do before you get a fish tank. Before is the key word. Also once you start to get closer to having an idea of how large a tank you are going to get, ask around here for whats the best filter types (or better yet, do a search for filters in this forum and read what's already been said) Please read everything you can, it'll save you some headaches later.

That being said, I don't know much about angels and I'm not equipped to give any advice :(

Smitti

AC Members
May 29, 2005
Wasaga Beach On
This isnt the first tank that i have had...I just got rid of my tank about 6 months ago...and i miss it. So i want to get another one with fish that i havent had before

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
I believe Angels would prefer a taller set up............:)

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I believe Angels would prefer a taller set up............:)
Indeed.;)

Guppies and angelfish is a bad combination. I would expect them to shred the males' tails and even prey on them. Large, deep-bodied tetras make better tankmates although be careful with what you pick as most tetras are often nippy.

Smitti

AC Members
May 29, 2005
Wasaga Beach On
So what would be good with guppies? More guppies? I really do want both angles and guppies...but if i would have to choose i think i would choose my guppies.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
You can try cardinal tetras, neon tetras, rummy-nose tetras, harlequin rasboras, hengeli rasboras, Kerri tetras, corydoras, otos, Sawbwa barbs, hatchetfish, pencilfish and kuhli loaches. Select only a few of your choices and you're done.:)

I would suggest getting the biggest tank you can afford. 30 gallons is in my opinion the minimum for stable water chemistry and easier tank maintenance.

Smitti

AC Members
May 29, 2005
Wasaga Beach On
What about thos dawrf frogs? i kinda like thos...but i'm not sure about them at the same time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store