Quick suggestion on canisters?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishy_Fun

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Oregon
So i have had long standing problems with both of my marineland canisters leaking.I have greased the o-rings which didn't solve the problem.I have thought about calling marineland CS, but read they will just send one after another which have been reported of leaking in the same spot.So i'm thinking its a flaw in the design and want to get eheims.

So now onto my real question, which classic model would you suggest for a 65G stocked with 5 angelfish?Its pretty bare right now but i plan on adding some bottom feeders, some small schooling fish and 1 more angelfish.

Please note, that i have always had 2 canisters and would love to keep it that way just in case one breaks down I still have one going.

Vince G.

AC Members
Dec 27, 2010
Roselle Park, NJ
I'm not sure what you mean by "classic"....are you looking for a vintage filter or is that a line of filters by Marineland?

Personally I am a big fan of Rena and Fluval filters. I have been running a Rena xp3 on my 92 gal for about 7 years with no problems. I am planning to upgrade to a Fluval fx5 at some point just to have way more filtration than I need, but the single Rena that I am running does a great job.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
'classic' refers to a model type made by eheim.

i'm a big fan of the rena xp canisters. have a xp2 and xp4 and am quite satisfied with them. less expensive than eheim, easy set up, easy maintenance, and nice size baskets for custom media.

and i agree with always having two filters running, in case one konks out.

andyjs

AC Members
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
My eheim classic is a pain when it comes to maintenance. I prefer my fluval canisters

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i've never dealt with eheims. all i know is they're expensive, lol.

another canister that people have been reviewing favourably is the sunsun/perfect one. i think it's 'koolgoods'? that has them on ebay.

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
I run the sun suns and have yet to have any issues! Great buys imo.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store