Quiet One Pumps are BAD NEWS.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I have had Little Giant and Quiet One pumps. I have found them to be reliable and have one that has ran for the last 5 years with no problems. I have also used Gould pumps. They have the power and flow rate but are a bit loud.

I am currently using Danner Supreme Mag Drives and like them.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I used mags (5, 7, 9.5, and 18) for many years and they are good sturdy pumps, but they seem to have issues restarting after a couple years of use. Not matter how much cleaning you do they always have a startup problem when they get old. I now use my Mag5 pump just for pumping water into my tank during waterchanges, but everytime I plug it in I have to smack it real hard to get it started. This ended badly for me once during a quick power outtage a few years ago.. pump turned off for about 5 seconds and at the time I didn't have a check valve on my return, and it ended up back syphoning and overflowing my sump because the pump didn't restart.. learned my lesson after only one time with that.

rascole

AC Members
Sep 11, 2007
Bellflower, CA
www.randytalsma.com
The pumps were used as directed. As far as being an isolated incident, Gene clearly stated in an email to me that they had many problems with the higher flow pumps. They had a circuit that was defective from the electronics mfg. that would prematurely shut the pump down thinking there was an over heating problem. I have all the emails and receipts to prove my case. Gene said he was going to take care of me, I have that email also, he has not done a thing yet. The resulting issues with numerous pumps going bad are far more than you think. Ask anyone who has had a pump go bad on their system. You lose a pump it is like losing your heart pumping blood. Things will die very quickly. One may be two pumps going bad after several years is one thing. But they have had an excessively high failure rate, also from DRF&S customer support people. When a pump goes down on a 525 gal. system, a $250 pump vs $4000 worth of livestock, you do the math. That is why I spent top dollar for the ReefFlo Gold series pump.
As for my request from Gene he offered me anything I wanted. All I asked for was an automatic feeder, a cheap little feeder. He still will not answer my emails. Sorry but Quiet One pumps are not worth the risk.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store