"R" rating for the new Star Wars?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Should the new movie have the "R" rating rather than "PG-13" ?

• YES

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • NO

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
125gJoe said:
You can't miss "Star Wars" the Title of a Thread.

I think it was just 'sarcasm' when he said, "What movie?"
When this thread was first created its title was "Should the new movie have an R rating". There was no mention of star wars.

Nov 15, 2004
125gJoe said:
'Common sense - some not have....'

LOL I read "star wars" in the title. You were talking about star wars

Ok with the "under the cave" comment, I was just goofin around

and I am :confused: ......in regards to the topic at hand, in the first post the title says "R rating for the new star wars?".....so if Joe did edit it, wouldn't it say "Last edited by Joe @ whatever time" ??? I saw his thread saying "Star Wars right away....

Last edited:

Samala

mmm RNA..
Saw it last night.. really good.. but I would also push it towards R rating.. I imagine there was a lot of politics between the two camps in getting it to stay PG13 which was up from PG.

I actually cried at one part.. because I thought it was the most agonizing most horrific thing I'd ever seen in a movie. But then, I tend to get emotionally invested in characters played by good looking young men. ;) Though, I've never cried at a movie before, now that I think of it.

Something I think the over-ten crowd (judging from my nephews and neices) can handle easily.. younger than that no way.

>Sarah

NowherMan6

AC Members
Jun 28, 2004
Visit site
Frankly, I think it's not violent enough

I was somewhat disappointed. But I guess asking for a good movie is too much when Lucas directs.

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
Samala said:
I actually cried at one part.. because I thought it was the most agonizing most horrific thing I'd ever seen in a movie.

>Sarah
:thud:

Just how many movies have you seen??? :huh: You need to rent the first Alien and them move on to the Nightmare on Elm Street series :) j/k ;)

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Samala said:
........ but I would also push it towards R rating.. I imagine there was a lot of politics between the two camps in getting it to stay PG13....
>Sarah
Money talks....
The PG rating allows more $$ -- who cares about the kids these days? (yes, some do..) .....

Last edited:

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Samala said:
Saw it last night.. really good.. but I would also push it towards R rating...... ...
>Sarah
" It just so happens that this "children's movie" has a scene where a guy gets his hands chopped off, a graphic decapitation, the wanton slaughter of children (the highlight of any movie), and the coolest scene in any space action movie starring (name deleted) getting his legs chopped off as his stumps catch fire while his face melts.

Nice....

flyfly

follow me on twitter @flyfly_mackay
Jan 21, 2005
Portland, OR
www.myspace.com
125gJoe said:
" It just so happens that this "children's movie" has a scene where a guy gets his hands chopped off, a graphic decapitation, the wanton slaughter of children (the highlight of any movie), and the coolest scene in any space action movie starring (name deleted) getting his legs chopped off as his stumps catch fire while his face melts.

Nice....
They are right, all that stuff ocurred except for "the wanton slaughter of children." that was implied. And oh, yeah, LOTS of hands get cut off. Seriously, 125g Joe, count em for me when you go see it!

As to the R rating, coulda went either way, if it was rated R though, Id hope for gore. At least a little.

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
www.tomwalkerportraits.com
PG-13 is supposed to tell parents that the material contained in the movie may be inappropriate for children under thirteen. Responsible parents should be able to know whether or not their kids can handle a PG-13 movie.

Its sounds like this movie isn't a whole lot more graphic than the original three. Lets not forget that in those movies Luke gets his hand chopped off, a guard and an innocent slave girl are eaten alive by that thing in Jabba's basement, numerous animals are killed and cute little Ewoks die in a fire fight.

Let's keepp the R ratings for movies that really show graphic content (like Saving Private Ryan) and for the rest lets just promise to do a little bit of parenting.

T

mrakins

AC Members
Apr 15, 2005
Southington, CT
Let's not forget that the real debate (i.e., the one within the MPAA) was whether to give it a PG13 or a PG. It's not even close to an R. As tomm10 said, there's really not much gore at all. In fact, that's the good thing about lasers and light sabers--instantly cauterized wounds :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store