ramshorns that just becomes a pest

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
I totally understand and just for confirmation those are common Rams.... I like the green bean because it can easily be scooped up in a small net so less disturbance than sticking a hand in to get a larger piece of something out. Green beans also seem to be the holy food for my rams.

MotionInSilver

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
What kind of green beans though ure the 2nd person to mention it.

Just fresh string beans that? No prep work other than giving it a good wash? And how long before I can declare my tank ramshorn free from the last snail to come out as am sure eggs r bound to bring the next wave of snails once I get all of em out?

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
What kind of green beans though ure the 2nd person to mention it.

Just fresh string beans that? No prep work other than giving it a good wash? And how long before I can declare my tank ramshorn free from the last snail to come out as am sure eggs r bound to bring the next wave of snails once I get all of em out?
I buy the industrial size box of 24 cans from costco of just plain old green beans. I just open the can and plop one in the tank (or 5 or 6 in my feeder tanks). I would be surprised if you ever get rid of them all but you can by fishing them out when it seems there are too many keep the load down.

P.S. I think I'm the only one that mentioned green beans just did it in 2 different post....:D

MotionInSilver

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
I buy the industrial size box of 24 cans from costco of just plain old green beans. I just open the can and plop one in the tank (or 5 or 6 in my feeder tanks). I would be surprised if you ever get rid of them all but you can by fishing them out when it seems there are too many keep the load down.

P.S. I think I'm the only one that mentioned green beans just did it in 2 different post....:D
lol my bad then about the two people comment-

okay I'll crack open a can of green beans and give it a go- see if the plecos takes to it.

thanks bluefyre about the link of the snail info- just would pick other snails over those ramshorns myself if I was to go back and change what snail sp. that hitchhiked.

Cheers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store