really cheap discus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

yourchoice

AC Members
Aug 6, 2006
Toronto
With the water changes your doing you can easily increase the feedings.I bought my first 5 discus 11 weeks ago.In a 65g no other fish.2 about 6 inches and 3 about 3 inches.Still learning but far as I can tell everything is OK. The 3 inchers are now about 3 3/4in ,4 in and one who spends most of his time grazing is 4 !/2 in.
Daily feedings.
4-6 cubes of frozen bloodworms.(Daily ,about 25-30% of their daily feedings.)
Variety of frozen beefheart mixes.(about 65-75% of daily feedings.)
Main beefheart mix includesis approx.
37% beefheart
30%raw salmon
20% raw shirmp
5% peas
5%carrots
3% wheat germ
1 one a day multi vitamin per 100 grams of mix.
Also
Spirulin enhanced flakes(2-3% daily feedings)

I have floating pelets that only one of them eat but eats them all.
Also trying Hikari discus pelets.
Also
There is little live plant buds about !/8 of an inch floating on top of the water and I have seen the large female sit where they sometimes fall down and gobble them up like candy.Like 10 or 20 of then in a couple of minutes.

Temo

Joshie BaoHuu Tran
Jun 27, 2007
Grand Prairie ,Tx
Real Name
Joshie BaoHuu Tran
wow, i cant afort to feed my discus that much, i feed mine just flake food and dried blood worm

gatotsu77

AC Members
May 17, 2006
There is little live plant buds about !/8 of an inch floating on top of the water and I have seen the large female sit where they sometimes fall down and gobble them up like candy.Like 10 or 20 of then in a couple of minutes.
Haha... a couple of my discus enjoyed picking apart and munching down my hornwort... I won't be keeping that stuff in the tank anymore. :mad:

wow, i cant afort to feed my discus that much, i feed mine just flake food and dried blood worm
You may want to seriously consider finding a way to provide them with a better diet... you might find that your discus will not do very well on just flakes and freeze dried blood worms. I don't think I'm giving mine nearly enough of a variety with frozen blood worms, frozen plankton, and hikari algae wafers... they've tried a few hbh super soft pellets, and I'll be supplementing those more often too, but I'm also going to get several other foods for them to keep their diet properly balanced.

Temo

Joshie BaoHuu Tran
Jun 27, 2007
Grand Prairie ,Tx
Real Name
Joshie BaoHuu Tran
um, i'll try to feed them frozen blood worm,bbs
the mosquito larva in my pond back yard is quite alot , i might be able to feed those to my discus, if that is ok with you guys,i read a book that said discus love those.
Hikari discus pelets, never see this kind before in my lfs, but i'll be looking for it,
floating pelets i used to feed them to my discus, but only one or two eat them so i stop, but i'll try again.
and i'll try my best to feed them frozen beefheart , if my mom lets me.

Temo

Joshie BaoHuu Tran
Jun 27, 2007
Grand Prairie ,Tx
Real Name
Joshie BaoHuu Tran
i went to their website but i see noe tropical discus food, just gold discus food

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store