Red Clawed Crab

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

QCppg

Carp for brains!
May 4, 2004
Visit site
I have three large-clawed freshwater crabs, I'm not sure what species. I had tried putting them in my goldfish tank, but within a few hours two of them had climbed up an air hose and were sitting on top of the screen cover. Needless to say they went back in their own tank.

They are very cool and act very differently than the SW crabs that I have.

Seaman

Shrimp gumbo, shrimp salad etc...
May 22, 2004
Im like air im everywhere (Dallas, TX)
I really have to disagree about the whole "they need out of the wawter" theory, I had a female RCC for over 2 years who never got out of the water, besides the one time she escaped for 2 days, other than that there isnt anything for her to stand on to get out of the water.....FWIW, they will do fine completely submerged, as for brackish mine was in FW and like i said lived for over 2 years, and then one day i she molted and was assaulted by one of my fish :sad

Just my experience....maybe they have longer lifespans than 2ish years, but that seems like a long time to be completely submerged if they cant do that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store