Red Jewel cichlid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
If you are looking for good rams try Consolidated Fish Farm. Nice fish, good prices and service.

vrocknyc

Registered Member
Oct 2, 2014
I currently have 4 turquoise jewels and 4 JD's living in a 65 gal bow tank. They are getting along just fine. the jewels ignore the jds and vise versa. I do have a pleco as well. I wouldn't put anything else in the tank.. As for lives plants it was a total waste of money and time.

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Four jewels and four JD's not ordinary..I do believe the turquiose jewels are a little calmer than reds or wilds, but if you don't have four females I'd be amazed. I really think you should go with single pair of these tempermental people..in 30 0r even 55 gallon tank. They are pretty, interesting and worth the"non-commune" type life. Add economical "fancy guppies " for more interest if needed..but species tanks are fine with me.DSCN0302.JPG

DSCN0302.JPG

fwiffo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2007
I kept a mated pair of red jewels for my tank. They were semi aggressive, but not psycho samurai crazy. The baby fish that hatched were great and so animated. Most of them grew to over 1" and then i traded them in sine they were eating a jar of tetra standard flakes 9 ozs every 4 days lol. The jewels were in a tank with a blue acara who held his own and co existed. Anubias barteri on lava rocks was the plants I kept. They were the only plants since each plant was over a foot long lol! The fish loved the plants!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store