Red Plant suggestions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

skeletonhand

Landscaper Extraordinaire
Sep 9, 2006
Lincoln, NE
Thanks everybody for the great suggestions. I think I'm going to go with the ludwigia I like the colors and the bolder texture. Hopefully I can find some at the LFS.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Good choice, my LFS never has any quality plants. So hopefully Mgamer will see this thread and get more Ludwigia, hehe.

skeletonhand

Sep 9, 2006
Lincoln, NE
Well, no luck finding any red Ludwigia in town. I did however find some Alternanthera reineckii. Slow grower, but seems to be doing quite well in the tank. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Kevin007

AC Members
May 27, 2008
Hello, this is a great thread because I am trying to decide on a red plant as the focal point too, for now I am thinking of Rotala Rotundifolia over a 12" x 12" area over my 125 Gallon. However not every red plan is red unless it is under a suitable condion. What would be a better choice for my focal point?

skeletonhand

Sep 9, 2006
Lincoln, NE
Here's a picture of the Alternanthera reineckii I found in town, and some Ludwigia peruensis purchased on Ebay. Thanks for the link Charles and cfsinc but I think I'm done buying plants (for now anyways:grinyes:)

Sorry for the blurry pics but they should get the job done.

ar.jpg L P.jpg tank.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store